SBI Online Account
Savings account opening with SBI is quite simple and easy. Applicants, if Indian residents, just need to visit official SBI website and navigate to personal banking and then go to "deposit schemes" where an option of opening saving bank account is there.
- Just click on 'apply online' option after reading the benefits, rules and regulations regarding the account opening, and fill the necessary details in the online application form.
- This will lead in generation of Temporary Customer Reference Number (TCRN) which will be sent to the mobile number of the applicant.
- Take a print out of the application form and visit nearest SBI branch within 30 days of generation of TCRN along with original and duplicate copy of KYC documents.
- Print out of account opening form
- Identity proof and address proof (Passport, Voter's ID, Driving Licence, Aadhar card, MNREGA card, PAN)
- Relevant documents ,if account of special category like minor, senior citizen, etc, is to be opened
SBI salary accounts
One can open a salary account with SBI which offers special benefits to the employees of different institutions like schools, colleges, PSUs, government undertakings, defense, corporate, police, etc. depending upon the designation and gross monthly salary, SBI salary account is categorized in four types viz. Silver, Gold, Diamond and Platinum.
Unique Selling Points of SBI salary account are:
- Zero minimum balance facility
- Unique account number for lifetime
- Free personalized cheque books
- Free debit card
- Auto sweep facility which automatically converts surplus funds to a flexible FD which can anytime be converted to cash.
- De-mat facility
- Mutual fund plans
- SMS/ email alerts
- Personal loans along with easy overdraft of up to 2 months salary which can be repaid in 6 months
- Free personal accidental insurance of specific amounts (as per eligibility)