Election Card Online Process
To apply for voter card, following methods need to be followed:
- Applicants need to visit Election commission website and click on the National Voters' Services portal. This will direct the user to new page in which one needs to click on 'apply online for registration of new voter card'
- This will result in opening of a new form (form 6) which needs to be filled. It is divided into 4 sections, all of which are mandatory in all aspects.
Just after filling the required information, applicants have 3 options:
- Submit: if everything is okay and all details have been filled in.
- Save: if form has not been completed and will be finished later.
- Reset: if one needs to change the entire information.
- There is an upload button too on the top of the form which can be used to upload the required documents. The applicants need to upload a photograph too.
- In the end, a reference number will be generated which can be used to track voter ID status.
Offline voter ID method:
Applicants can go for offline method if online method is not possible or not convenient. In this regard, applicants need to visit State election office and request for form 6. After filling up the form, it needs to be submitted along with a photograph and necessary documents. Applicants' voter ID card is issued after a specified period of time.
Semi-online election ID:
Under this method, applicants can download form 6 from the commission's website, fill it offline and either post it to or submit it at election commission office. After successful verification of the entire documents voter ID is issued by the commission in the stipulated time.
- Identity proof
- Address proof