New PAN Card Apply Online

You can apply for a fresh PAN Card online or offline. If you have misplaced or lost the PAN Card, or if you wish to reprint this document, get e-PAN, then you can do so from NSDL or UTIITSL portal. It takes up to 5 days for the Income Tax Department to process the PAN Card application. If your PAN Card application matches all the statutory requirements, then the document is dispatched in 15 days. For changes and corrections in PAN data, dispatch can take up to 25 days.

In this post, we will discuss about different PAN application forms, how to apply for new PAN Card online and offline, fees and documents for a new PAN Card, and frequently asked questions.

Types of PAN Card Application Forms

Form 49A This is applicable for Indian citizens, Indian Companies, Unincorporated entities formed in India, Entities incorporate in India
Form 49A To makes changes/corrections in PAN
Form 49AA For applications by foreigners

How to Apply for a New PAN Card Online?

You can apply online for PAN Card through the NSDL Income Tax PAN Services Unit. Here is a guide to apply for PAN online:

  • Go to this link to drop online application for a PAN Card.
  • From the Application Type, select one applicable - New PAN for Indian citizens, NRIs or change/correction of existing PAN data.
  • Pick relevant category – individual, body of individuals, association of persons, etc.
  • Provide necessary details in the PAN form such as your name, email address, mobile number, date of birth.
  • After form submission, you will be directed to the next step.
  • Click ‘Continue with the PAN Application Form’.
  • Now you will be directed to a new page to submit digital e-KYC.
  • After payment, you will receive an acknowledgement form with 16-digit acknowledgement slip.
  • You should take a printout of this acknowledgement form.
  • In the form, attach two recent passport-sized photographs and sign as well.
  • Attach all the self-attested documents in the form with the DD if the payment is not online. Also enclose the acknowledgement form.
  • Put the documents and form in an envelope. Label it as ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN— N-Acknowledgement Number’ and post it to the following NSDL address:
    Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
    NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
    5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
    Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
    Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
  • You will get the application receipt on your email address.

How to Apply for a New PAN Card Offline?

You can visit the nearest TIN NSDL centre to apply for PAN offline. Here is a guide to apply for PAN Card offline:

  • Get the Form 49A online and print it. You can download it from the link here.
  • Fill the form. Attach two passport-sized photographs.
  • Fee payment has to be through Demand Draft in favour of ‘NSDL – PAN’. This is to be paid to Mumbai address.
  • Do not forget to attach self-attested copies of all proofs with the form.
  • On the envelope, mention - APPLICATION FOR PAN-N-Acknowledgement Number.
  • Now send the application to the following address:
    Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
    NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
    5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
    Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
    Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
  • After the application is processed, the PAN Card will be sent to your residential address.

Fees for PAN Card Application

Rs. 110 is the fee for new PAN application, if the address is in India. The fee for application is Rs. 1020 including GST if the address is outside India. Payment of fee is to be done through demand draft in favour of ‘NSDL-PAN’ or via net banking/credit card/debit card.

Documents Required for New PAN Card Application

Here are the documents for application:

  • Identity Proof:Voter ID Card/Aadhaar Card/Driving Licence/Arm’s Licence/Passport/Ration Card/Pensioner’s Card with photograph/Photo identity card by Central or State Government/Health service scheme card/Bank certificate/Certificate of identity signed by Member of Legislative Assembly Member of Parliament/Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer.
  • Date of Birth Proof: Copy of Voter ID Card/Aadhaar Card/Driving Licence/Passport/ SSLC certificate or Mark sheet of a recognized body/Pension Payment Order/Marriage certificate/ An affidavit for birth date/Domicile certificate/Photo identity card with DOB
  • Address Proof: Photocopy of Driving Licence/Passport/Aadhaar Card/Voter ID Card/ Property registration document/Latest property tax assessment order/Certificate of address signed by Member of Legislative Assembly/Member of Parliament/Municipal Councillor or Gazetted Officer/ Allotment letter by Central or State government/Domicile certificate/Employer certificate in prescribed format/Post office passbook/self-attested copy of electricity bill/depository account statement/credit card statement/water bill/proof of gas connection/broadband or landline connection bill/bank account statement.

Frequently Asked Questions about New PAN Card Application

Here are the New PAN Card application FAQs:

You can download e-PAN Card (soft copy of PAN Card) or reprint the same on the NSDL website. For this, you need to know your date of birth, PAN number, or acknowledgement number.

Those who cannot do signatures, on the Change Request Form or Form 49A, they have to put left-hand thumb impression in black ink instead of a signature. The same must be attested by a Gazetted Officer, Notary Officer, or Magistrate. The form needs an official seal and stamp.

It is mandatory for NRIs to obtain a PAN Card. As per the IT-Department, it is also compulsory for investors investing in India or undertake financial investment or transaction of over Rs. 49,999 to have a PAN Card.

A new PAN Card application form is also useful for those who wish to make a change or correction in personal details of PAN, such as date of birth, contact information, name, address, etc in the IT Department records. After the form’s submission, a new PAN Card with the same PAN number but updated details are issued to the person.

If there is a change in your residential address, then intimate the Income Tax Department about the same so that the changes can be reflected on the PAN Card. For this, you need to submit a New PAN Card Correction/Changes PAN Data Form to any TIN-FC.