The Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) offers Udyog Aadhaar. It is a 12-digit UIN (Unique Identification Number). This UIN is for the small business sector. It helps to simplify the registration process for the enterprises. The registration process does not carry any cost. A business can file more than one Udyog Aadhaar. This service also has self-declaration facility. It was in September 2015 when the Udyog Aadhaar Scheme was launched. Registration under Udyog Aadhaar was previously known as MSME registration. Thus, both are one and the same.
How to do Udyog Aadhaar Registration?
All the small, medium, and micro enterprises from the manufacturing or servicing sector can register under Udyog Aadhaar. There are two methods of registration, and both these facilities are free-of-cost:
1. Registration without Aadhaar number
2. Registration with Aadhaar number
Below, we have explained both these procedures:
1. Registration without Aadhaar Number
If the applicant is not enrolled for Aadhaar, then the below-mentioned registration process should be followed:
- It is best to go for Aadhaar enrolment if one is eligible for the document as per the Section 3 of the Aadhaar Act.
- The MSME-DI or DIC has to file the UAM registration after submitting the Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip or Aadhaar enrolment request copy.
- Other documents to submit are: Driving licence/Passport/Voter ID card, PAN Card, Bank passbook, etc.
2. Registration using Aadhaar Number
If the applicant has an Aadhaar Number, then the following steps should be followed:
- Go to www.udyogaadhaar.gov.in and access the registration section.
- Provide the name and Aadhaar number along with any other details in the dedicated fields.
- Click ‘Validate & Generate OTP’. The OTP will be sent on the mobile number that is registered on the Aadhaar Card.
- A new webpage will open. Here there will be a form. The applicant has to enter the name of the business owner and the 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Now, choose the social category. If the applicant belongs to the ST, OBC, or SC category, then proof of the same has to be submitted to the authority.
- Pick the gender and enter the name of the enterprise that will conduct the business.
- Next, select the type of organization from the provided list on the page.
- In the designated field, enter the PAN Number of the applicant.
- Under one registration, a person can add more than one plant locations.
- Provide the postal address of the office/business. The address should be complete and accurate.
- Enter the business’s date of commencement in the dedicated field.
- If there are previous registration details, then provide the same.
- Enter the bank account details of the enterprise.
- As per the activities of the business, choose the NIC Code (National Industry Classification Code). NIC should be chosen from a 3-stage dropdown list. As per the primary activity of the organization, for instance, service or manufacturing sector, the list will show the activities.
- Provide the count of the number of employees in the company.
- As per the location of the business, enter details about location of the DIC.
- Enter the information about investments made in the plant and machinery.
- Cross-check all the details filled in the form for the possibility of errors. After rectifying any errors, click ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the form.
- An OTP will go to the registered email ID used during the registration procedure.
- Provide the OTP. Complete the Captcha code verification. Click ‘Submit’ to complete the application process.
Documents Required for Udyog Aadhaar
There is no need to submit any document during the registration process for Udyog Aadhaar. But, the applicant may keep a few documents in hand. This is because documentation details are to be provided during the application process. Some of the documents required are:
- Aadhaar card or Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip
- Driving Licence
- Bank passbook with photograph
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Caste certificate (for SC, ST, and OBC category)
- An employee ID card issued by the Government (if any)
Besides the mentioned above documents, the applicant may have to provide a few other documents on the basis of requirement.
UAM or Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum
As per the suggestion of the Kamath Committee, the MSMEs created a registration form. This form is known as Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum or UAM. This is a single-page form. Using this form, an MSME can self-certify the existence of its business. In this self-declaration form, one has to declare information for the MSME’s bank account, Aadhaar details of the business owner, and other information. A unique identifier will be provided to the MSME on the basis of the form. This unique identifier is the Udyog Aadhaar Number of the MSME.
Udyog Aadhaar Update
It is possible to make changes and update information for Udyog Aadhaar. To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- On the portal of Udyog Aadhaar, access the login section for entrepreneur.
- In the dedicated field, enter the 12-digit UAM number.
- Under the UAM field, choose the preferred medium of receiving the OTP. Either select receive the OTP on registered email ID or registered mobile number.
- Enter the correct Captcha code. Click ‘Validate and Generate OTP’.
- Provide the received OTP in the dedicated field. Verify the same and login to the account.
- After login, the applicant can make the desired changes and save these changes.
How to Print Udyog Aadhaar Registration Certificate?
If the applicant wants to print Udyog Aadhaar registration certification, then the below given steps should be followed:
- Visit https://udyogaadhaar.gov.in/UA/PrintAcknowledgement_Pub.aspx.
- As per the Udyog Aadhaar, enter the registered mobile number and UAM number.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- After login, follow the instructions on the page to print the Udyog Aadhaar Certificate.