State Bank of India (SBI) personal loan is a collateral-free loan offered to salaried and self-employed individuals. It serves the economic needs of people from different income groups. You can use the funds for any expense. Being a multi-purpose loan, many take the loan for home renovation, wedding, medical emergency, travel, education expenses of children, big-ticket purchase, debt consolidation, and other requirements. SBI disburses the funds within 2 to 3 days of the loan approval.
At Loanbaba, you will get all the details about SBI personal loan, its schemes, interest rate, EMI, fees, charges, eligibility criteria, documents required, and other details.
Below mentioned are the features and benefits of personal loan State Bank of India.
The State Bank of India has different personal loan schemes for salaried individuals and professionals. The loan amount can be used for any need, except purposes that are speculative in nature. Below-given are details about personal loan schemes by SBI.
• The employees need to have salary account with SBI to avail this loan.
• Rs. 25,000 for a term loan
• If the applicant is a school teacher, then he/she can obtain up to 12 times of monthly gross salary.
• The loan amount is capped at Rs. 15 lakhs.
This loan is provided for specific purposes only, such as educational, purchase of an asset, medical emergency, wedding, hospitalization, vacation, home renovation, etc. The maximum tenure is 48 months.
State Bank of India offers loans on festive occasions so that you can meet the expenses of the celebrations without a worry. This loan product caters particularly to the needs of people during festival time.
• The loan can be used to fund an academic course that will help you grow in your career.
Below-given are details about personal loan by State Bank of India for pensioners.
A) SBI Personal Loan for State and Central Government Pensioners
• 72-74 years: Rs. 12 lakhs
• 74-76 years: Rs. 7.5 lakhs
The pensioner may give a mandate to the government treasury to draw pension cheque in favour of any SBI branch. In such a case, the pension is routed too his/her savings account in SBI. The pensioner can then request the treasury to make payment through this specified SBI branch. PPO (Pension Payment Order) will be retained by the treasury itself.
B) SBI Personal Loan for Defence Pensioners
This is a special loan scheme offered only to retired personnel of the armed forces. The armed force can be of army, coast guards, paramilitary (ITBP, BSF, CISF, CRPF, etc.), navy, air force, Assam rifles, Rashtriya rifles. There is no minimum age limit under this scheme. However upper age limit for this account is 76 years.
• Up to 72 years: Rs. 14 lakhs
• Up to 72-74 years- Rs. 12 lakhs
• Up to 74-76 years- Rs. 7.5 lakhs
C) SBI Personal Loan for Family Pensioners
Family pension means pension to the spouse of the pensioner. The loan can be applied for after the pensioner’s death. In case of no spouse, the pension can be availed by children if their age is less than 21 years. After this, the pension ceases to be credited. Personal loan under this scheme can also be taken up to an age of 76 years.
• Up to 72 years: Rs. 5 lakhs
• Up to 72-74 years- Rs. 4.5 lakhs
• Up to 74-76 years- Rs. 2.5 lakhs
Note: EMI/ NMP ratio cannot exceed 50% for any kind of pensioner. For family pensioners, this ratio cannot exceed 33%. Here, EMI is: Equated Monthly Instalments and NMP is: Net Monthly Pension. Calculation of repayment period is as per age of the pensioners for a personal loan against pension.
SBI offers personal loan to NRIs (Non Resident Indians) through either mode: offline as well as online (Internet Banking). As an NRI, you can opt for either term loan or OD against NRI deposit.
A) SBI Personal Loan against NRI Deposit
This scheme is meant for NRIs to meet their personal needs like buying a house or purchasing a car, without liquidating their deposits. The loan is handed over solely to the depositor.
B) SBI Online OD against NRI Deposit
To avail an overdraft against NRI deposit, you do not have to visit the bank branch. You can simply apply for the personal loan online via internet banking. The application process is very easy and quick. The features are discussed below:
• Maximum of 3 years
The rate of interest is different for different SBI personal loan schemes. For salaried individuals, the starting rate of interest is 10.55%, whereas for self-employed individuals it is 11.20% onward. Below is the updated SBI personal loan interest rate information.
The eligibility criteria for State Bank of India personal loan differs from a scheme to another. Below are the details to it:
• The applicant should have a net monthly income of minimum Rs. 5000.
• EMI to NMI (net monthly income) ratio should be less than 50%.
• The minimum monthly income requirement is Rs. 24,000 in urban/metro area and Rs. 10,000 in rural/semi-urban area.
• The maximum limit of NMI (net monthly income) for salaried employees and pensioners is Rs. 10 lakhs.
• Spouse of the pensioner is entitled to receive family pension.
• Guarantor is required.
• Self-employed individuals can also apply but with an experience of at least 3 years in his/ her field.
• Minimum NMI (net monthly income) should be Rs. 3,000.
• An individual who has other sources of income is also eligible. The eligible sources of income include interest from TDRs, NSCs (National Savings Certificates) or government securities.
• The maximum age of the co-borrower till the time of loan’s maturity is 60 years.
• The co-borrower should be spouse, parent, or a guardian.
Below-given are documents needed for application:
Disclaimer: Information is gathered from secondary sources and meant for reference only. Loanbaba is not a channel partner of State Bank of India.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Akshar Blue Chip IT Park, 703, Thane - Belapur Rd, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400705
Please enter OTP received on your Mobile Number and Email Address.