HDFC Bank Women's Savings Account
|HDFC Bank Women's Savings Account
|Monthly Average Balance (MAB)
- Rs. 10,000 as minimum deposit amount
- Rs. 5,000 for semi-urban branches
- Rs. 2,500 for rural branches
||3.00% to 3.50%
||EasyShop Women's Advantage
HDFC Bank Women’s Savings Account is solely for female account holders. This savings bank (SB) account comes with insurance coverages, waiver on Demat Account fees, maximize money through sweep-out on Fixed Deposit, two-wheeler loan, auto loan, shopping discounts, cashback on purchases, preferential rates on loans, discounts on processing fees, etc. You need to be a resident of India or a foreign national (conditions applied) to open this account.
In this post, we will discuss Women’s HDFC Bank Savings Account features, other facilities, eligibility criteria, minimum balance, interest rate, documents required, fees and charges, and FAQs.
Features of HDFC Bank Women's Savings Account
Here are the features of this HDFC Bank Savings Account:
- Get discounted rates on loans. No annual maintenance charge (AMC) on the Demat Account for the first year.
- You can choose MoneyMaximizer and earn additional interest on idle money with the sweep-out automatic facility on request.
- Rs. 1,000 per day is the daily cash allowance for 10 days per year, maximum. This is for each day of hospitalization that you have to spend because of an accident.
- Rs. 1 lakh is the accidental hospitalization cover.
- To claim this amount, you have to make at least one POS (Point of Sale) purchase with the Debit Card at a merchant establishment. The same should be in 3 months before the accident.
- Receive up to 90% funds on vehicle’s on-road price. The tenure of the auto loan is up to 7 years.
- Get 50% off on Gift Plus Card issuance. This is available on spending Rs. 5,000 minimum on the Debit Card through net banking or branch.
- Get up to Rs. 1 as cashback on spending Rs. 200 per instance on EasyShop Woman’s Advantage Debit Card.
- Exclusive shopping benefits on selected brands.
- Get a 2% discount on the standard interest rate for a two-wheeler loan. Also, receive 50% off on the processing fees.
- Get Rs. 2,000 as the daily cash withdrawal limit. Also, get Rs. 2.75 lakhs as the daily shopping limit.
Other Facilities of HDFC Bank Women's Savings Account
Here are more features:
- Cashback up to Rs. 1 on every Rs. 200 you spend on specified categories
- Rs. 5 lakhs as personal accident death cover (air, rail, road)
- Sum assured is Rs. 2 lakhs for fire and burglary or items you purchase on the Debit Card
- Rs. 25,000 is the withdrawal limit daily for cash
- You can shop on EasyShop Woman’s Advantage Debit Card daily for Rs. 2.75 lakhs
- Sum assured is Rs. 2 lakhs for loss of checked baggage. But for this, you must have at least 1 purchase on a debit card in 3 months before the incident
- Rs. 25 lakhs additional international air coverage on buying air ticket on the Debit Card
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Bank Women’s Savings Account
Here are the eligibility norms for this HDFC Bank Savings Account:
- Resident individuals for sole and joint account
- The primary account holder has to be a female
- Foreign Nationals residing in India, who have a residential permit, foreign regional registration office certificate, valid VISA, Passport, and staying for over 180 days
HDFC Women’s Savings Account Minimum Balance Requirement
Here are more details:
- The initial deposit is Rs. 10,000 minimum for urban and metro branches. For rural branches, it is Rs. 2,500 and Rs. 5,000 for semi-urban branches.
- Non-maintenance charges are Rs. 150, Rs. 300, Rs. 450, Rs. 500 for metro and urban branches in case the AMB is >= Rs. 7,500 to < Rs. 10,000, >= Rs. 5,000 to < Rs. 7,500, >= Rs. 2,500 to < Rs. 5,000, Rs. 0 to < Rs. 2,500, respectively.
- No charges for semi-urban and rural branches of AMB is >= Rs. 7,500 to < Rs. 10,000, >= Rs. 5,000 to < Rs. 7,500.
- Otherwise, the charges are Rs. 300 for AMB Rs. 0 to < Rs. 2,500 and Rs. 150 for AMB >= Rs. 2,500 to < Rs. 5,000.
HDFC Bank HDFC Bank Women’s Savings Account Interest Rate
Here is more on this HDFC Bank Savings Account Interest Rate:
- The rate of interest is 3.00% for a balance less than Rs. 50 lakhs in the account.
- The rate of interest is 3.50% for a balance over Rs. 50 lakhs in the account.
- You get the interest earned at quarterly intervals.
- The interest is calculated on the daily balances you have in the SB account.
Documents for HDFC Bank Women’s Savings Account
Here are the documents you need to open the SB account:
- Recent photographs (passport-sized)
- Identity and Address proof such as PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving Licence, Passport
- NREGA Job Card
- Identity Card issued by a state or central government department
- Scheduled commercial banks, PSUs
Fees and Charges of HDFC Bank Women's Savings Account
Here is more information on this HDFC Bank Savings Account charges:
Description of Charges
||Women's Savings Account
- In a financial year, you can get 25 cheque leaves for free. After this, you have to pay Rs. 75 per chequebook of 25 leaves
- For senior citizens, the same facility is available. They have to pay then only Rs. 2 per additional cheque leaf
|Managers cheques/demand drafts (issuance/re-issuance) - At HDFC Bank locations
MC/DD Issuance at Branch
For Senior Citizens
|Rs. 50 for up to Rs. 10,000
||Rs. 5 per Rs. 1,000 for above Rs. 10,000 (minimum Rs. 75 and maximum Rs. 10,000)
DD Request on Net Banking
|Rs. 45 for up to Rs. 10,000
||Rs. 5 for over Rs. 10,000 per Rs. 1,000 or part thereof. The minimum charge here is Rs. 50 and the maximum charge is Rs. 10,000
|Up to Rs. 1 lakh
||Rs. 50 + corr. bank charges
|Third-party Demand Draft up to Rs. 1 lakh
||Rs. 50 + corr. bank charges
|Number of Cash transactions
- Every month, you can make 4 free cash transactions
- From the 5th transaction, the charge to pay is Rs. 150 per instance
|Value of Cash transactions
- In every month per account at any branch, you can transact up to Rs. 2.5 lakhs for free
- Above this limit, subject to at least Rs. 150, you have to pay Rs. 5 per Rs. 1,000 or part thereof
- The limit per day for third-party transactions is Rs. 25,000
|Non-IVR Phone Banking
Frequently Asked Questions about HDFC Bank Women’s Savings Account
Here are the FAQs:
- Free email statements
- Free multi-city Payable-at-Par cheque book of 25 leaves every 6 months
- For individual account holders, get a free passbook facility
- Net banking, mobile banking, phone banking to pay utility bills, check account balance, stop cheque payment through SMS
- Discounted rates on loans
- Lifetime BillPay for free
- No folio maintenance charges for the first year on Demat Account
- No annual maintenance charges for the first year on Demat Account
Here are the fees:
|Type of Debit Card
||Rs. 200 + tax on the replacement of a lost card
|EasyShop Women's Advantage
|EasyShop Titanium Royale
Here is more information:
|ATMs of HDFC Bank
||ATMs of Other Banks
|The first 5 financial transactions are free every month all over the country
||First 3 Transactions (non-financial and financial) free per month in the top 6 cities
|No charges for non-financial transactions
||First 5 Transactions (non-financial and financial) free per month for non-top 6 cities
The top 6 cities are Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, New Delhi, and Hyderabad
Fees for transactions over the free limit are:
- Rs. 20 per instance for cash withdrawal
- Rs. 8.5 for non-financial transactions at other bank ATMs
- Rs. 10 per transaction for InstaPay
- Rs. 3 per quarter for InstaAlert. Those with an email address as the delivery mode do not have to bear any charges.
- Rs. 500 per instance + taxes for ECS/ACH (Debit) Return