HDFC Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
The HDFC Bank offers its customers an HDFC Bank Basic Savings Deposit account that has all the basic banking facilities without incurring massive charges and inconvenience. Let us find out what does this basic bank savings account
has to cover while satisfying your personal banking requirements:
- There is no least balance requirement in the account.
- The interest received on balance is 4% p.a.
- The account holder has access to an ATM cum debit card. The debit card is a RuPay Card.
Eligibility criteria and documentation requirements:
Any individual person or a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) is eligible to open a basic savings account with HDFC.
The documents required are any ID Proof and residence proof for KYC process.
- The account holder gets 4 free cash withdrawals after which he is charged Rs.100 per transaction.
- The cheque book facility is offered at Rs 5 per leaf.
- One can avail an international debit card at the cost of Rs 100 per annum.
- The cash and cheque facilities, as well as the passbook facilities, are free of cost.
Fees and charges on HDFC Basic Savings Bank Deposit account
- There are no charges applicable on average monthly balance or non-maintenance of the account.
- However, the bank charges Rs 400 each year on hold statement.
- Issuance of duplicate passbook costs Rs 100.
- The standing instruction charges are Rs 25 per transaction plus the remittance expenses.
- First 5 ATM transactions are free across all the cities. Post the same; Rs 20 is imposed in the case of financial operations and Rs 8.5 on non-financial transactions.
- The account closure charges are nil if closed within 14 days of opening the account. It is Rs 500 in the case of account close between 15 days to 1 year. The senior citizens require paying Rs 300 for the same. Further, the amount gets nil beyond 12 months.