Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
This scheme is designed in such a way so that youth of India become financially strong. The term 'Kaushal' means talent/skill. The students will be trained on-the-job, when they are still young. This will encourage development of skills among them while they are trained in the relevant industry, they shall be working for in future.
This scheme is under the supervision of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and the primary source of implementation is an agency named National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
Approximately Rs. 1500 crore has been reserved and nearly 24 lakh candidates are expected to be trained by the ministry. This move shall strengthen the base of India, economically.
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- To train the youth of India, with their specific skills to make them strong financially and ready for employment.
- Increase productivity of the present workforce and give them training and certification as per the needs of the industry.
- Incentives are always good; same will be used here too. Trainees will be granted a reward of Rs. 8000.
- Give Monetary Awards for Skill Certification for encouraging the youth.
Key Features of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Training is given based on the standards set by the National Occupational Standards i.e. NOS.
- QPs i.e. Qualification Packs are decided by apex bodies like Sector Skills Councils (SSCs).
- Skill Gap Study is executed to fill the gaps of workforce in a particular sector.
This training will be in synchronization of other schemes such as:-
- National Solar Mission
- Digital India
- Swachch Bharat
- Make in India and many more
- Agencies providing such trainings will have to go through proper guidelines and fulfil certain formalities- this is done to maintain the quality standards
- Additional points that will be focused on, include :-
- Soft skills
- Behavioural training
- Good work ethics
- Personal grooming
- Candidates already having specific skills will be assessed, to be rewarded for inculcated talents.
- Post successful training is given; trainees will be assessed diligently and monetary reward will be given to them.
- Incentives are higher for the trainings given for manufacturing, plumbing and construction sectors.
- All the monetary rewards will be transferred into the bank account and there will no intermediary. Adhaar number will be taken as well in order to prevent duplication and confusion.