Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
This financial inclusion scheme is launched on 15 August 2014 by our respected PM Mr. Narendra Modi to make us able to access the monetary services easily, for example: pension, credit, bank accounts for the needy people and remittance. The plan is especially for the individuals who were neglected before to get benefits of different monetary plans offered by the GOI. No minimum balance required in such bank account.
The Required Documents
An individual must possess an identity proof, a valid permanent or present address proof, 2 passport size photos and the Aadhar card. To open a bank account under this scheme, Aadhaar card is a must. A person needs to present a valid identity proof issued by GOI, in case he/she does not possess a valid residential address.
Application Forms for the Scheme
One can find the form in all the collaborating banks. It can be downloaded from the official website http://www.pmjdy.gov.in. One has to fill all the necessary information in the form and submit it to any of the collaborating banks or KIOSK to open the account.
- One can have the advantage of life insurance coverage of Rs.30000 and the life accidental coverage of worth Rs. 100000 through this scheme.
- A loan up to five thousand rupees can be taken from a bank after 6 months since your account is opened.
- This is a mobile-friendly scheme. Balance inquiry and transaction can be made through mobile.
- These accounts are zero balance accounts. These do not require maintenance of any minimum balance.
- One will be received Rupay Kisan Debit Cards. With them, he/she can withdraw the money from ATMs as per requirement.
- Tempting interest on your deposit.
- One can transfer money across the country easily.
- One can also enjoy Direct Benefit Transfer of Government Schemes though this scheme.
- One can have easy access to different insurance products and pension under this scheme.
There is some eligibility factors, a person have to fulfil to be able to open the bank account under this scheme:
- One should possess Indian nationality.
- For a minor, 10 years is the minimum age required. Else, an 18 years old Indian resident can open the account. As this scheme is meant mainly for the needy people, income does not matter. When the person becomes 60 years old, he/she have to leave the scheme.
- Minors can also get the RuPay Card. The card can be used four times in month by them for the withdrawal of cash.
- People not having any verified document to prove their nationality as Indian, are also allowed to open a bank account through this scheme once a ground research is done on them. They are categorised as 'low risk' individuals.
- If one already possesses a saving account in any bank, he /she can transfer this account to PMJDY account to enjoy the advantages of the scheme.