For the upliftment of female child belonging to a BPL family, the Maharashtra government introduced the Bhagyashree Scheme. The Bhagyashree Scheme will provide an insurance coverage of Rs 1 Lakh to the female children by the time they turn 18. It works in such a way that, when a girl child is born, the government will make a Bhagyashree account on the girl's name and will deposit an amount of Rs 21,200 which will simply become Rs 1 Lakh when the girl reaches 18.
Benefits of Bhagyashree Scheme-
- When a girl child becomes a year old, the government will deposit an amount of Rs 21,200 to her account.
- She will get an amount of Rs 1 Lakh when she turns 18 years old.
- A family with two girl children can also get the benefit of the scheme.
- The government will provide a scholarship worth Rs 100 every month to the female child to study in 9th to 12th standard.
- This scheme will provide an insurance coverage for the girl's parents as well under the "Aam Admi Bima Yojana".
- Girl child of all religion and caste belonging to a BPL family is eligible. Not to forget that only two girls from the family will benefit.
- The girl child's parents should be a Maharashtrian resident.
- The parents after conceiving their second female child have to do the family planning operation.
- 0 to 18 years of age is the applicable age for a girl to be introduced to this scheme where the girl child's parent's age must not exceed 60.
- Application form of the Bhagyashree Scheme
- Birth document of the girl child
- Parents income details
- Address proof of parents of the girl child of Maharashtra
- Ration card; for BPL families- BPL Card
- Bank details of the girl childCard
NOTE: You can download the online application form from: http://newindia.co.in/content.aspx?pageid=88
Where and whom to contact
- Anganwadi Center
- Grampanchayat Office
- Authorized Banks
- Municipal Corporations