HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
HDFC, one of the most reliable banks across the world, provides excellent financial products and services. They are created to meet various requirements of wide range of customers. The Regalia First Credit card presented by HDFC is a special credit card that enables cardholders to enjoy amazing benefits and privileges.
Myriad Benefits of Regalia First Credit Card:
- Cardholders have incredible opportunities of saving their hard-earned money. This card enables cardholders to save up to a maximum of 50,000 INR.
- Cardholders can enjoy the minimum mark-up of 2% on all foreign currency expenses.
- Zero% surcharge can be availed on fuel purchases, the minimum expense on fuel needed being Rs 400.
- This card allows one to enjoy prestigious dining privileges at over 300 top-grade restaurants that are a part of renowned chains of hotels such as The Gateway, The Lalit, The Leela, Hyatt, Taj Vivanta, Marriott, etc. Cardholders can avail complimentary delights and fabulous savings whenever they use their Regalia First card for fine dining.
- Cardholders can avail complimentary entry to more than 800 airport lounges throughout the world. At these lounges, various facilities like conference rooms, internet, phones, and facsimile can be used. The primary cardholder gets 4 free accesses to Priority airport lounges, every year. Guests of the cardholder can use the Regalia First card to access the abovementioned facilities at airport lounges. However, a fee of $27 per visit is charged for guests. The usage charge might differ from one lounge to another.
- Cardholders can earn 4 reward points for every expense of Rs 150 via this card. 2x Reward Points i.e. 8 points can be earned if any booking is done via hdfcbankregalia.com. 2x reward points can also be earned while spending on dining at standalone restaurants. Reward points can be earned for all travel and entertainment bookings done through the HDFC Regalia website. These points can be redeemed for exciting gifts that are listed in the catalogue offered by HDFC.
- Reward points can be converted into air miles that can be used for domestic as well as international flights.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage can be availed against various risks that a cardholder might encounter. The nominated kin of the cardholder will receive compensation worth 30 lakh INR, in case of an air tragedy. The cardholder can avail medical emergency protection worth 10 lakh INR, if there is a medical emergency in a foreign land. The claim documents need to be sent to Noida where the HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company is located.
How to Calculate Eligibility:
A user-friendly tool named the Eligibility Calculator determines whether one is eligible for the card or not. If the specific details are entered, such as date of birth, gender, type of employment, residence type, etc, and the button saying “Calculate My Eligibility” is pressed, the eligibility gets determined.
Charges and Fees:
- The card comes with an interest-free period of 50 days.
- The minimum amount that must be repaid is 5% of the balance due or Rs 200, whichever is more.
- Cash Advance limit is 40% of total credit limit.
- Annual Fee and Renewal Fee are Rs 1000 each.
- Up to 3 add-on cards are free for lifetime.
- Cash processing fee is Rs 100.
- Rs 75 is the fee for each redemption request.
- Charge for stolen, lost, or damaged card is Rs 100.
- Foreign currency transaction charge is 2%.
- Revolving credit charge is 2.95% each month, and 35.4% each year.
- Processing charge for balance transfer is 2% of the transferred amount or Rs 250, whichever is higher.
- Cash advance charge is 2.5% of amount withdrawn or Rs 300, whichever is greater.
- Over-limit charge is 2.5% of over-limit amount, subject to a minimum amount of Rs 500.
- Outstation cheque-processing charge is Rs 25 for cheque-value of Rs 5000. The fee is Rs 30, if the cheque-value is more than Rs 5000.
- Payment return charge is 2% of payment amount, subject to a minimum amount of Rs 400.
- Membership fee for the initial year is waived off, if the cardholder spends a minimum of Rs 15000 within 3 months of the card’s initiation. If the expense on the card is Rs 1 lakh in 1 year, the annual fee for the following year also gets waived off.
- Fee for buying train tickets is Rs 30 plus 2.5% of the entire transaction amount, provided the transaction is carried out via the payment gateway of HDFC. Fees are as per IRCTC rules on other gateways.
- Service Tax, Swachh Bharat Cess, and Krishi Kalyan Cess are applicable on all fees, charges, and interests.