BHIM UPI App
Past a few years, India has experienced a great boost to digital payments. The Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) app is one of such initiatives. It was on 30th December, 2016, BHIM app was launched by the Honourable Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi. BHIM is a mobile payment app developed by NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India). This mobile app allows you to make bank transfers and payments to other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications. It also accepts and lets you do Aadhaar number based payments.
- BHIM app is compatible with Android 5.0 and above. It offers secure, reliable, and quick financial transactions to customers and merchants in India.
- You should have your mobile number registered with your bank account to use this app and enable UPI-based payment service.
- You must have an Indian bank account that supports UPI payments. There are several banks that allow payments through the BHIM App.
- Also, you will need internet connectivity on your smartphone.
Features of BHIM App
Below-given are some of the BHIM app features:
- You can download the BHIM app for free.
- It offers 24 x 7 payment solution.
- There are no added charges on transfers and payments.
- The transactions are secured, simple, and fast.
- Payments can be also made to non-UPI banks.
Steps to Download and Get Started with the BHIM App
You can access the app on both iOS and Android-based mobile handsets. Below-given are steps to download and start with the BHIM app
- You can download BHIM app on your phone from Google Playstore or any relevant app-downloading platform.
- After installing the application, open it.
- The app then verifies your mobile number to check if it is registered with a bank.
- You have to set a 4-digit passcode after the verification process.
- A list of banks will show and you have to select a bank where you hold an account.
- Set your UPI PIN. For this, you need to enter the last 6 digits and expiry date of your debit card.
- The registration process will complete. Now you can send or request money.
Why Use the BHIM Payment App?
The Government of India introduced the Bharat Interface for Money app to facilitate cashless payments. Here are some of ways BHIM app could be useful for you:
- This application enables you to make direct payments to merchants. Also, the app allows you to transfer money between two bank accounts.
- The ‘Profile’ section on the home screen of the app allows you to access the Payment address and QR code you create. You can download the QR code and share it on messenger applications such as the Whatsapp, email, etc.
- One of the benefits of BHIM app is that you can make payments both offline and online
- Thus, you do not have to enter the banking information when using net banking and credit/debit card.
What is BHIM Aadhaar Pay?
BHIM Aadhaar Pay is a payment interface based on Aadhaar. With Aadhaar number or Virtual ID of the customer, you can make real time payment to merchants. This system also allows merchants authenticate the customer through their biometrics. BHIM Aadhaar Pay thus allows merchants to get payments from customers digitally and over-the-counter through Aadhaar authentication. Merchants associated with a bank registered on this app can accept payment from individuals of any bank by authentication of biometrics.
- Merchant must have an Android mobile with BHIM Aadhaar app installed.
- The mobile phone/Tablet/Kiosk on USB Port or POS/Mirco-ATM, mPOS must be attached with a certified biometric scanner.
- To enable transfers both the merchant and customer should have their Aadhaar number linked to their bank account. Per transaction limit is Rs. 10,000.
- The merchant enters the amount and customer details on his/her BHIM Aadhaar Pay App. The customer then has to provide his/her biometric and select the bank on the merchant’s app.
On this app, merchants can access transaction history to see if the transaction has been successful, pending, or failed. As for you being a customer, it is possible to pay using Virtual ID/Aadhaar number and biometrics at all locations where merchants accept BHIM Aadhaar Pay.
Tips to Use the BHIM Mobile Application
Here are a few tips on how to use the BHIM mobile app:
- You can verify your mobile number via an SMS. After this process, the app will verify your details.
- After downloading the app, you can select the language of your choice.
- On the home screen, you will find different options such as ‘Transactions’, ‘Profile’, ‘Bank Account’ etc. These will help you access the functions of the app.
- It is possible to link multiple bank accounts with the app. However, you need to choose a primary account for transaction purpose.
- After you select a primary account, you can send/request/scan, pay an amount.
- You can automatically link your bank account registered with your mobile number after entering the 4-digit password and selecting a bank.
How to Send Money via BHIM App?
If you want to send money to an individual or merchant, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- From the home screen of the app, click ‘Send’
- The default bank account will be pre-selected.
- Enter the phone number/payment address/Aadhaar number of the person whom you want to transfer the money.
- For the transaction to be successful, the recipient’s mobile number must be verified on the app.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer. Now provide the 4 or 6 digit MPIN/UPI PIN for verification.
- To authorize the fund transfer, click ‘PAY’.
- Once the transaction takes place successfully, you will receive an acknowledgement.
How to Send Money through ‘Scan and Pay’?
You can transfer an amount through the option, ‘Scan & Pay’. To do the transaction, a QR code is used which is scanned to authorize the transaction. This method allows shopkeepers and merchants to accept money via QR code scan. Follow the below-given steps to pay/receive money through this method:
- Access ‘Profile’ tab on the app
- Select the ‘QR code’ assigned to your mobile number/the phone of the recipient.
- Click ‘Scan & Pay’. Now scan the QR code.
- Enter the amount you have to transfer.
- Once the payment is successful, you will receive an acknowledgement of the transfer.
How to Request Money on BHIM?
If you wish to put a request for money transfer to another individual, then follow the below-given steps:
- On the home screen of the app, click ‘Request’.
- Enter the mobile number of the person from whom you require the amount.
- Enter the amount you want to receive.
- The individual to whom you directed the request to send you money will receive a notification.
- This person can then choose to either send you the requested amount or decline the request.
The BHIM App is a reliable platform to send and receive money digitally. It replaces the need of making payment through credit card, debit card, or cash. The app makes you use your mobile umber and fingerprint scan to accept and make payments, quickly. The quick payments are possible, because this app uses the IMPS method. By using this mobile app, you do not have to remember your card/bank details over and again. Bharat Interface for Money Application is thus, a buddy for everyone who wants to make a cashless transaction.