Travel Insurance Policy
Travel insurance is a plan that offers coverage against possible medical and travel emergencies while the person is travelling in India or abroad. With multiple insurance companies in India selling travel insurances, it is very easy to get one as per needs, and request for a customized plan for yourself. The plan can be tailored as per the travel destination or trip chosen. Please note that such policies cover medical expenses according to the country to which the travel is being done.
What are the Benefits
- Expenses resulting from trip termination, flight or trip delays when individuals have to make long-trips to foreign land, are compensated for.
- Premium amount can be flexible depending on the destination and you can update or customize your travel insurance plan.
- Hotel accommodation, hospitalization, medical emergencies and treatments could be included in the program.
- Insurers through the country provide for 24 x customer service supports to the policy bearer and give then timely assistance for any loss of documents, trouble due to travel experience or accidents.
- The policyholders also are eligible for cover on accidental death, personal liabilities, legal expenses, travel delays, emergency reunions, repatriation, or dental treatments.
- Senior Citizen Travel Insurance: People who are above 84 years of age do not have to undertake any medical tests when procuring relative senior citizen insurance policy.
- Family/International Travel Insurance: The cover is for two adults who are above 60 years of age and have two children up to the age 21. Floater benefits could be available for family travel insurance programs.
- Schengen travel insurance: Individuals up to 70 years of age or/and infants more than 90 days old are covered. The intention of travel must be for the purpose of tourism or business.
- Student Travel Insurance: These travel insurance plans accept students who fall in the age group of 16 and 35-40 years, but must be enrolled for higher education at foreign institutions. Those Indian nationals who study abroad will also be eligible for this policy.